Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hats and Bandanas Drive

I received an overwhelming response through emails about my post in my personal blog:
http://georgegabriellecouture.blogspot.com/

I am going to work on some bandanas about a couple of weeks from now for children who have lost their hair because of a medical illness. Amy Butler will send me some fabric samples to help this project. I will donate these bandanas to littlestheroes.org. Felicia, the founder of this non-profit organization, will send the items right to the children from The Littlest Heroes Project. She will also send the items to hospitals if they need some.

Anyway, because of the emails I received, I thought might as well make this to be a group thing. So I will collect hats and bandanas for these children to wear in winter and summer. We are looking for hats from infant all the way through adult sizes (for the teens and children with bigger heads!) Girls AND boys! One thing we ask is that you make sure that all hats and bandanas MUST be new. We cannot send used items to the children for health reasons.

The hats can be just regular hats or knitted. I recommend the bandanas measures approximately 22" x 22", 100% cotton. You can sew in your tag on your bandanas if you want. You can hem the edge with narrow hem or rolled edge.

If you want to donate, please contact me. Please put "Hats/Bandanas Donation" in your title. And I will email you my mailing address. Hats and bandanas must be received no more than Nov. 30th!

Thanks everyone and a special thank you to Amy Butler for her generousity.

Ning
Leader of Haute Couture For Kids

No comments: